Welcome to WaterWolves! Please join our community. It's fast, easy, and free!
|Welcome to WaterWolves. We're glad that you have discovered the premier online community dedicated to rare, exotic, and predatory fish, since 1998! Please take a moment to consider creating a free account with us.|
By registering an account, you can take advantage of many features, including:
- The collective knowledge of thousands of expert hobbyists!
- The largest free rare and exotic fish marketplace on the Web!
- Local chapters. Meet other hobbyists in your area!
- Exclusive free contests and raffles!
Although we encourage a free and open environment, the individuals responsible for the maintenance of WaterWolves.com have determined that this document is required to ensure the continued stability of our community and forum.
This document is intended to outline the regulations of conduct that every participant must adhere to, and provide a reasonable description of our internal enforcement process.
- The creation of a discussion whose intention is to inflame or provoke other subscribers ("trolling").
- The creation of a forum discussion or a response to a forum discussion that is blatantly off-topic ("derailing a thread").
- Deceptive trading or the misrepresentation of a retail product.
- Distribution of software intended to harm computer hardware.
- Distribution of pornographic material. "Pornographic material" is defined as any material explicitly intended to encourage sexual arousal.
- Distribution of unlicensed commercial software. "Unlicensed commercial software" is defined as any software product whose manufacturer requires monetary reimbursement. Freely available software and shareware are excluded from this clause.
- Impersonation of a staff member.
- Intentional distribution of erroneous advice or information that may cause harm to an individual or their property.
- Masquerading as a commercial vendor or community sponsor without rendering fees applicable to the respective positions.
- Offensive, violent or sexually explicit avatars. WaterWolves staff retain the discretion to determine what constitutes violent, offensive or sexually explicit material. No avatars that violate the intent of the "Advertising Policy" shown below.
- Poisoning of the Trust Network system. This is absolutely forbidden and will result in an immediate, permanent ban from WaterWolves.
- Profanity. "Profanity" is defined as any language that is automatically removed by our software-based swear filter or offensive to an ethnic group. Circumvention of the profanity filter is strictly prohibited.
- The propagation of any material deemed libelous or inflammatory.
- Use of the WaterWolves private messaging and email systems to libel, threaten, harass, advertise or solicit.
- Plagiarism. Passing off the work of another as your own work is strictly prohibited. Please provide a source for all copied or quoted material or, if the source is unknown, please indicate that the material is derived from an unknown source.
- No unsolicited advertisements. This includes forum or dealer links. All advertisements must be approved by the site administration before being posted. If you are a business and wish to inquire regarding advertising on WaterWolves, please contact email@example.com for more information.
- No unauthorized commercial links, logos, graphics, etc. Commercial entities are defined as private individuals or businesses, directly or indirectly seeking commerce. Additionally, WaterWolves reserves the right to determine whether or not a link violates the "intent" of this definition.
- No unauthorized links, logos, graphics, etc. to any community or discussion forum without prior approval by site administration. While we respect other communities, we do not routinely advertise them. Links to informational, scientific, pictorial and image hosting sites ARE allowed.
- We reserve the right to restrict, remove or prohibit links that we deem inappropriate on a case-by-case basis, at the discretion of our administration.
The staff is authorized to remove or edit all signatures that violate these rules
with or without notice.
General Enforcement Policy:
- Eight (8) lines maximum (includes blank lines).
- No pictures/image files.
- No words that bypass the swear filter.
- No offensive, violent or sexually explicit content or links.
- No inflammatory or provocative content.
- No unauthorized links as defined by the above "Advertising Policy."
- First offense. The member receives a warning. He or she may be temporarily prohibited from creating or responding to a discussion.
- Second offense. The member receives one additional warning. He or she may be temporarily prohibited from accessing the forum.
- Third offense or additional offenses. The member may:
- Receive an additional warning.
- Become temporarily prohibited from creating or responding to a discussion.
- Become permanently incapable of accessing the forum ("permanently banished").
- Receive a punishment determined arbitrarily by the forum staff.
Our administrative team reserves the right to disregard the above "general enforcement policy" at its discretion.
To dispute a punishment, members are encouraged to communicate with the administrative staff via the forum dedicated to banished members or email. Our staff reserves the right to address disruptive behavior not encompassed by this document at its discretion. We reserve the right to modify this document without notice. This agreement does not render any guarantees regarding quality of service.
- WaterWolves Administration